Hi there 🙋🏻♀️ it’s been a minute since I have blogged. Feeling inspired to revamp my diet and eat healthier as a family. Life with a toddler is so chaotic it’s easy to get lost with your goals. It’s always refreshing to be able to find your inspiration again and try to get back to where you used to be. We are humans, we are not perfect, but as long as we keep striving to be our best and notice when we get off track I think that’s all you can hope for. As I always say “give yourself grace.”
So anyways tonight I made a really simple meal that was full of color and fresh produce. I wanted to add cheese to it so bad, but I am trying to take a break from dairy as it wreaks havoc on my system…so incredibly hard though! The meal was simple and surprisingly filling. My little guy loved the nuts and sweet potatoes.
- One head of purple cauliflower
- 14 oz bag of Brussels sprouts
- 1 medium sweet onion
- 4 small sweet potatoes
- Grape seed oil
- Garlic powder
- Curry powder
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- Start by preheating the oven to 450 degrees.
- Roughly chop the cauliflower, dice the onion, sweet potatoes and Brussels sprouts.
- Place the cauliflower, onion and Brussel sprouts on a large baking sheet, drizzle with grapeseed oil, adobo, garlic powder and cumin. Place in oven and let cook for 20 minutes or until fork tender. Turn on broil for the last 5 minutes to get a nice char.
- Place the sweet potatoes on a baking sheet, drizzle with grapeseed oil and sprinkle with curry powder, cumin and pepper. Place in oven for 20 min or until for tender and remove.
- While the veggies are cooking place a medium sized skillet over medium to high heat, drizzle with oil and place chopped nuts on. Cook for 7-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mix everything together and enjoy! Cooking views 😍