I was feeling very inspired yesterday and wanted to make something with really pure ingredients. I absolutely love mushrooms, but unfortunately my main squeeze does not. I decided last night that I wanted to get back together with mushrooms and I did just that. They were so good. This dish was seriously satisfying, I feel very lucky that my fiancé not only eats meals like this but actually embraces and enjoys them. I love to cook for him because he has such a great appetite for healthy food, and how awesome is that? Happy Friday!!
- 1 cup organic broccoli- rinsed and diced
- 1 cup organic baby bella mushrooms-rinsed and diced
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 5-6 leaves of organic kales- rinsed and chopped
- 1 15 oz can organic BPA free can of black beans- rinsed and drained
- 1/2 organic avocado -diced
- olive oil as needed
- 4 organic sweet potatoes – washed and poke holes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cloves organic fresh garlic-diced
- 1 tablespoon of an all spice herb (I used 21 spice by Trader Joe’s)
- Start by preheating the oven to 425 degrees, bake the sweet potatoes for about 45 minutes or until fork tender.
- Heat olive oil in a medium sized skillet over medium to high heat, add the garlic, stirring frequently for about 2-3 minutes, add the scallions and let cook for another 3-5 minutes, continue stirring.
- Add the kale and turn the heat down to medium, stirring occasionally, cook for about 5 minutes or until kale begins to wilt.
- Add the beans, mushrooms (I had mine in a separate pot because of my fiancé), salt, pepper and spice blend.
- When the sweet potatoes are ready, cut open with a knife and place the veggie mixture on top! Add the avocado, and some feta cheese if you eat cheese 🙂