I really like always have a prepared homemade soup in my house. It’s nice to have something you can quickly grab when you get hungry. Some week nights I am too exhausted to make dinner so I’ll just eat whatever prepared soup I have in the fridge and toss together a fresh salad. I am also really lucky that my two year old absolutely loves this soup so I feel really good knowing that he’s getting his nutrients in! I go pretty heavy on the carrots because my little guy LOVES cooked carrots, but you can add less if you’d like. You can also add some noodles to make this dish a bit more filling!
- 1 sweet onion- diced
- 4 large carrots- diced
- Olive or grapeseed oil
- 2 cups of chopped celery
- 4 cloves of garlic- minced
- 2- 15.5 oz cans of great northern beans -rinsed and drained
- 1- 15.5 oz of diced tomatoes with basil
- 32 oz organic veggie broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- few sprinkles of: cumin, paprika and chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon of adobo
- 5 oz of pre-washed organic baby kale
- Start by washing and dicing all the veggies. In a medium sized sauce pan drizzle olive oil and turn on medium to high heat. Add the onions. Let cook for a about 5 minutes and add the garlic, carrots, celery.
- Sprinkle with cumin, paprika, chili powder, adobo, beans and parsley. Add the tomatoes and broth. Cover and let cook over medium heat for about 30 minutes or the until vegetables are fork tender.
- Turn off from heat and stir in the baby kale.
2 thoughts on “Vegetable soup”
Great post 😁
Pingback: Vegetable soup — Cooking with Taylor | My Meals are on Wheels