It has been a crazy past few weeks! We are finally somewhat settled and moved into our new home and I have started cooking more regularly again. I am absolutely loving my new kitchen!
So I have been making eggs like this for years and I know some of you may find it weird to pair eggs with marinara, but if you are a pizza lover (who isn’t?) I highly recommend trying this out!
Also the marinara that you use makes a big difference and I am obsessed with Gia Russa marinara sauce. It is a little bit pricier, but if you live near a Publix it does go on the buy one get one deals every now and then and I just stock up.
- Egg whites (however many you want!)
- Spray oil ( I use avocado oil)
- Provolone cheese
- Fresh basil
- Start by generously spraying a non-stick skillet over medium to high heat. Let the pan heat up a bit!
- Pour the egg whites into the pan and let cook until one side is a golden brown (I like them crispy!)
- Cut the eggs in half to flip easier and add desired amount of provolone cheese. Let melt and flip to give the cheese a nice crisp.
- Heat up the marinara for 30 seconds in the microwave (cover with a napkin.)
- Drizzle the eggs with marinara, fresh basil and a sprinkle with Parmesan!