Hello there! It has been a hot minute since I have blogged. My amazing and spirited toddler has kept me super busy and I just haven’t had the energy to share my recipes with everyone. It’s something I really miss doing and decided it was time to get back at it! I’ll be moving into a new home soon and I’m looking forward to having a new kitchen and work space to inspire me. This recipe was exactly what our family needed after a few sleepless nights…comfort food at its finest. I hope you enjoy!
- One bag of cauliflower (washed, ready to go…because “mom life”)
- One bag of broccoli
- 1 large white onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 cup of fresh torn basil
- Herb and garlic goat cheese (to taste)
- Shredded mozzarella cheese (to taste)
- Romano cheese (to taste)
- 1 cup of chopped campari tomatoes
- 1 jar of arrabiata sauce
- 16 oz of mezze rigate pasta
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Start by taking a large baking sheet and line with foil. Place the broccoli, cauliflower, basil, onions, garlic, capers and tomatoes on the pan and drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper, mix together. (I like to tear apart the cauliflower and broccoli if the pieces are too big.)
- Place in oven at 400 degrees for about 25 minutes or until fork tender and veggies have a nice golden crisp.
- While the veggies are cooking cook the pasta according to package directions.
- When the pasta and veggies are done combine together in a large saucepan and add the arrabiata sauce.
- Add a few chunks of goat cheese and mix together in the saucepan.
- Place the pasta mixture back on the baking sheet and lay flat sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and bake in the oven for 5 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Sprinkle with fresh basil, romano cheese and red pepper flakes!
3 thoughts on “Vegetable Pasta”
Thanks, chef Taylor! Totally trying 🙂
Laura Maher 716-597-4991