This easy soup recipe is the perfect way to incorporate fresh local veggies during the summer season.
- 28 oz. can of San Marzano tomatoes
- 4-5 small zucchinis, diced
- 1 bunch fresh basil, chopped
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 large vidalia onion
- Splash of olive oil
- 3 fresh cloves minced garlic
- 2 cups of organic spinach
- 1.5 teaspoons of organic chicken soup base
- 3-4 cups of filtered water
- Parmesan cheese to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 – 15 oz. cans of organic cannellini beans
- Start by taking a medium sized sauce pan and coat the bottom with olive oil, turn heat on medium and add the onions, basil and parsley stirring frequently for about 5 minutes and then add the garlic stirring for another 2 minutes. Add the zucchini and reduce heat to medium-low and let cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes (if they are whole cut them into bite sized pieces first), beans, water, salt and pepper and the soup base.
- Cover the pan and let simmer over medium to low heat for 30-35 minutes. Taste and add salt and pepper as needed. Sprinkle with parmesan and red chili flakes.
One thought on “Summer Zucchini Minestrone”
Yummy. Love all your recipes and always so healthy. Thanks