This easy soup recipe is the perfect way to incorporate fresh local veggies during the summer season.
- 28 oz. can of San Marzano tomatoes
- 4-5 small zucchinis, diced
- 1 bunch fresh basil, chopped
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 large vidalia onion
- Splash of olive oil
- 3 fresh cloves minced garlic
- 2 cups of organic spinach
- 1.5 teaspoons of organic chicken soup base
- 3-4 cups of filtered water
- Parmesan cheese to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 – 15 oz. cans of organic cannellini beans
- Start by taking a medium sized sauce pan and coat the bottom with olive oil, turn heat on medium and add the onions, basil and parsley stirring frequently for about 5 minutes and then add the garlic stirring for another 2 minutes. Add the zucchini and reduce heat to medium-low and let cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes (if they are whole cut them into bite sized pieces first), beans, water, salt and pepper and the soup base.
- Cover the pan and let simmer over medium to low heat for 30-35 minutes. Taste and add salt and pepper as needed. Sprinkle with parmesan and red chili flakes.