I really like incorporating greens into my breakfast. This dish is so simple but there’s something that feels really gourmet about it. The flavors are fresh and distinguished and it’s just delicious! This would also be great for lunch and a light dinner too.
- Farm fresh organic eggs (however many you want)
- Avocado oil (to drizzle)
- 1/2 of a lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste (I like pink Himalayan salt)
- Fresh grated parmesan cheese (to sprinkle)
- Olive oil spray (to coat the pan)
- Arugula (desired amount)
- Grape tomatoes (desired amount)
- Green onions (desired amount)
- 1 tsp pesto
- Start by taking a medium sized pan and coat with olive oil spray over medium heat. After the pan has warmed up add the eggs.
- While the eggs are cooking take the desired amount of arugula onto a plate. Drizzle with avocado oil, lemon and parmesan cheese.
- In the same pan the eggs are cooking add the green onions and tomatoes and let cook for 3-5 minutes to bring out their flavor. Cook your eggs to your desired consistency and place over the arugula.
- Top with the tomatoes, green onions, salt and pepper and pesto. I happened to have homemade pesto in my fridge but you can buy any store brand for this. Enjoy!