I have seen these one pot veggie pasta dishes on Pinterest for a while now and have been dying to try it out. Most of them are inspired by Martha Stewart’s One Pot Meals cookbook. I was a little skeptical at first because I love sautéing my veggies, but I figured I would give this method a try. I just used the vegetables I had in my fridge. This recipe turned out delicious, my husband said it taste like a vodka penne which is good considering I didn’t use any cream- just cheese. I prefer my normal method of making veggie pasta, but this one pot pasta dish is tasty and easy so I would still recommend it!
- 1 sweet onion diced
- 1 cup fresh peas
- 1 organic zucchini -quartered
- 12 oz grape tomatoes -quartered
- 4 large basil leaves torn
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 lemon -squeezed
- 2 cloves minced garlic (I was out so I used a few cubes of this)
- 12 oz of whole wheat penne
- 4 cups of veggie broth (I had to drain a little out at the end)
- 1/2 cup fresh mozzarella cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Red chili flakes to taste (if desired)
1.) Add the penne, tomatoes, zucchini, basil, Parmesan cheese, veggie broth, onion, salt and pepper, chili flakes, garlic and lemon.
2.) Bring to a boil and reduce to medium heat stirring frequently. Let cook for 10-12 minutes or until the pasta is tender. If all of the broth hasn’t evaporated then strain out the remainder.