After a whirlwind of a year, moving down to Florida and renovating a condo I am finally feeling settled in my new environment and have decided to start sharing my recipes again since it brings me a lot of joy! I made this sun-dried tortellini dish on Friday night and it’s what inspired me to start blogging again. Hope you enjoy 🙂
- 1 box of your favorite tortellini (I used this and it was AMAZING)
- 8 small assorted sweet peppers diced
- 1 medium red onion diced
- 1 heaping tablespoon of minced garlic
- 2 cups of fresh spinach
- 1/2 fresh squeezed lemon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Red chili flakes to taste
- 1 tablespoon of Italian Herbs Paste (I LOVE this ingredient- you can buy it at almost any grocery store)
- Start by cooking the tortellini according to package directions.
- While the tortellini is cooking take a large skillet and add the olive oil and onions over medium to low heat. Let cook for about 3-5 minutes or until onions start to carmelize. Add the garlic and peppers, stir frequently and let cook for another 5-7 minutes or until it becomes tender.
- Add the lemon, salt and pepper, chili flakes and Italian herb paste into the pan.
- Once the tortellini is done, strain and add it to the other pan. Stir in the spinach until it wilts..sprinkle some fresh Parmesan cheese on if you desire-Bon Appétit!!