I started a ten day Kundalini yoga workshop on Tuesday night. It begins at 4:30 am in Buffalo so I have been setting my alarm at 3:15 am. It’s only been three days, but so far I am seeing incredible changes in my body and mental state. I have not had the desire to eat meat and have been eating vegan the past few days and feel seriously incredible. I highly recommend this soup for anyone, the smell filled up my whole house and was truly divine. The lentils, quinoa and chickpeas jam pack this soup with protein. I had it again for lunch today and feel so full but in a good way, not the I need to go nap way. I hope you enjoy, happy hump day!
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 large organic carrots, peeled and diced
- 5 stalks organic celery, chopped
- 3 organic cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 1/2 Tbsp curry powder
- 1/2 lb red lentils
- 3 cups organic vegetable broth
- 1 (28oz) can organic diced tomatoes
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 (15oz) can organic chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cooked organic quinoa
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 cup of tabouleh (Optional: I went to Pita Gourmet for lunch and had a side of it, so I threw it in)
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium high heat. Add onions, carrot and celery, sauté until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add garlic, ginger, and curry powder, sauté for about a minute or until fragrant.
- Add lentils, broth, tomatoes, tabouleh and bay leaves.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer until lentils are tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- Add chickpeas and quinoa, heat through. Season with salt and pepper, and red chili flakes (if you like spice) to taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
2 thoughts on “Curried Ginger Red Lentil and Quinoa Soup”
I love red lentils and quinoa, but have never put them together. Great idea!
Thank you! They taste amazing together 🙂