This has been such a snowy and windy winter. All I want to do is eat warm comfort food and drink red wine. This recipe was inspired from chicken pot pie, I just decided to serve it over couscous instead of using a pie. I put all of the ingredients into the slow cooker in the morning and put it on low and by the time I got home dinner was ready! LOVE THAT!
- 1 medium white onion- diced
- 3 stalks celery- diced (add the leaves as well)
- 8 oz. baby carrots
- 4 fresh garlic cloves-minced
- 26 oz box of organic cream of chicken soup
- 8 baby red potatoes
- 3 large organic chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian herbs
- Brown rice OR couscous (as needed)
- 1 cup frozen peas
1.) Place all of the ingredients (except peas and spinach ) in the slow cooker. Cook on low for 7 hours.
2.) Add the frozen peas, cook for 15-20 to let the peas soften
3.) Cook the brown rice or couscous according to package directions and serve the mixture over.
One thought on “Slow Cooked Comfort Chicken”
Hi Taylor, I enjoy all of your recipes and notice you eat very healthy. Take a look at the menu where I work now. I’m on a serious diet and excercising to fit the bill.