This dish was seriously delicious, the beans made it so incredibly filling to the point we were stuffed (in a good way.) Also this dish can be vegan friendly if you just add two little modifications 1.) switch out the cheese and 2.) make sure the tortillas you use are vegan!
- 4 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 15-ouncecan organic black beans, drained
- 1 13.5-ounce organic box re-fried pinto beans
- 3 tablespoons refrigerated fresh salsa
- 4 whole wheat-fat flour tortillas
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup (4 ounces) pre-shredded reduced-fat 4-cheese Mexican blend cheese (*Quick way to make this vegan is use daiya cheese!)
- 1/2 avocado-chopped
1 cup thinly sliced green onions
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic to pan; cook 1 minute, stirring frequently, add the green onions cook for 5 min on low. Add the peppers and cook for 3 more min>
- Add 1/3 cup water and beans, stir in chile powder and salt, water and beans; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes.
- Heat up the re-fried beans in the microwave according to the directions (or stove if you prefer.)
- Warm tortillas according to package directions. Spread the re-fried beans onto the tortilla with a spatula like you would a mayonnaise. Spoon about 1/3 cup bean mixture into center of each tortilla.
- Top each serving with cheese, salsa and avocado and roll up.
- Place in the oven under high broil for roughly 3-5 minutes, or until cheese has melted and tortillas have turned to a light brown.