Today was the Grand Opening for Pure Barre Buffalo!! I thought this appetizer would be a fun way to celebrate! I only used a tiny smear of goat cheese, and a little bread in moderation is alright by me. I was actually surprised to learn that goat cheese is one of the healthier cheeses out there. I always thought it was one of the worst! This article talks about the health benefits of goat cheese in comparison to others. Such a sweet and savory appetizer!
- 1 mango’s, finely diced
- 8 strawberries, hulled and finely diced
- 12 cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 pineapple ring slices, finely diced
- 2 teaspoons red onion, finely diced
- 2 1/2 teaspoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 oz. goat cheese, softened
- olive oil for drizzle
- 1 10 oz. bag of chopped baguette (try to find whole grain if you can)
- Start by finely chopping the mango’s (peel first), strawberries, tomatoes (quartered), chopped basil, red onion and place into a bowl.
- Add the garlic powder and a pinch of salt.
- Place the baguette pieces onto a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil, place under the broiler until slightly browned (2-3 minutes).
- Evenly spread the softened goat cheese over the toasted baguette.
- Top each baguette with a the fruit mixture.