After having a lazy Sunday I was craving something comforting for dinner. I came up with this recipe by just adding all of my favorite ingredients into one pot. It turned out delicious!
- 1 pint of grape tomatoes -halved
- 6 cups of fresh spinach
- 9 oz package or tortellini (I used these)
- 1/2 white onion diced
- 4 stalks celery diced (keep the leaves)
- 2 large carrots diced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 cans of cannellini beans (I used these)
- 2 -32oz. boxes of chicken broth (I usually like to make my own stock, but this works instead if you’re in rush)
- 3 tablespoon fresh dill chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons e.v.o.o
- 3 cubes vegetable bouillon
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- Crushed red pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese to taste
1.) Start by adding the olive oil to a large pot and heat on medium high for about a minute, then add the onions. Let the onions sweat for about 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the celery, carrots, onions, oregano, dill and tomatoes. Turn heat down to medium and let cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring frequently.
2.) Turn heat to medium low, add the chicken broth, bouillon and beans, cover and let cook for 30 minutes .
3.) Add salt and pepper to taste. Add the tortellini- cook by bringing the heat back up to medium high for about 3 minutes, and the tortellini will be cooked. Add the spinach at the very end.
4.) I sprinkled some Parmesan cheese and crushed reds into my bowl. Enjoy!