I was feeling a little under the weather earlier this week, and as always I had to baby myself and cook homeade soup. I realize normal people open a can or box when they’re sick because it’s easier…but this soup is so simple it’s totally worth the chopping of some vegetables. My fiance and I ate this up in two days. It was uber delicious. Hope you enjoy!
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground pepper
- 5 organic carrots, diced
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 4 stalks organic celery, diced
- 3 teaspoons organic chicken bouillon
- 4 cloves fresh chopped garlic
- 1 whole white onion, diced
- 1 box organic farfalle pasta
- 2 organic 32 oz. organic low sodium chicken broth
- 1 bad organic washed spinach
- 1/3 cup e.v.o.o
- 1 28 oz. can of organic diced tomatoes
- 1 bunch fresh chopped Italian parsley
- 3-5 stalks fresh thyme, remove “stalks”
- Start by adding e.v.o.o to a large pot. Add diced onion, thyme, parsley and cook over medium to high heat for 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add garlic, carrots, onion, celery, chicken fat, celery leaves (chopped) to the pot and reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the tomatoes and chicken broth. Stir together, cover and cook over medium to low heat for about an hour, stirring every so often.
- While the soup is cooking, cook the organic farfalle pasta according to the directions on the back of the box. I think its best to keep the pasta al dente, because it going to be going into the soup when you reheat it for leftovers.
- Keep pasta separate and add to the individual portions as desired.
- Add the spinach at the very end and turn off the heat!
- Serve and enjoy!!