I love coming up with new recipes and if I do say so myself this dish is seriously delicious. It was also so easy to make and best part it’s completely vegan and has very little calories! Cant beat that- happy hump day y’all!
- Spaghetti Squash
- 1 cup red onion (diced)
- 4 cloves smashed garlic cloves
- 1 cup mukimame (shelled soybeans)
- 1 cup fresh cherry tomatoes (cut into fours)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons D’Avolio Sicilian Lemon Vinegar or white balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons D’Avolio Milanese Gremolata or specialty e.v.o.o
- salt and pepper to taste
- crushed red pepper flakes to taste
- 1/3 cup water
1) Start by preheating the oven to 425 degrees, cut the squash in half, take out the seeds and rub a little bit of olive oil all over the squash and place in oven for 30 minutes or until tender
2) Add the canola oil to a medium sized skillet over medium to high heat, once the oil is hot add the red onion and let caramelize, stirring frequently. Add the garlic and lower heat to medium low, let cook for 1-2 minutes and then add the water, mukimame, tomatoes, lemon vinegar and Milanese Gremolata.
3) Stir the sauce mixture frequently for about 8-10 minutes. In the meantime take the squash and use a fork to break up the squash make sure it is all broken up and add to the mixture. I only used half of the squash and saved the rest for later.
Serves two large portions.