This may not look like the most appetizing meal ever but I can assure you it’s really tasty. This is the perfect dish after a workout because it has tons of protein and really fills you up! I eat a lot but this salad could easily be split into two portions. Also I didn’t use all the chicken, lentil mix just a scoop or two and I saved the rest for leftovers.
- 1 red bell pepper
- 3 carrotts
- 4 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 dollop of garlic paste (if you don’t have this you can use a 1tsp of garlic powder)
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper (optional-i like spice)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon Italian herbs
- 1 lb organic ground chicken (save remainders for leftovers)
- 1 can of organic lentils (save remainders for leftovers)
- 1 cup romaine lettuce or greens of choice
- Start by heating up 1 tbsp of olive oil on a medium sized skillet and add the ground chicken, season with salt and pepper, cumin, cayenne pepper and Italian herbs. Stir frequently until brown and then add the lentils mix together and set aside -let cool
- Peel and chop up the carrots, wash and dice the red pepper and place in a bowl with the lettuce.
- To make the dressing; 3tbsp olive oil, apple cider, garlic paste, salt and pepper, Italian herbs to taste and whisk together
- Once the meat and lentils have cooled down a bit place in the veggie bowl, add the dressing and stir- Enjoy!