This is my go-to soup. I make it at least once a month, I think the reason I crave it so much is because it has all of my favorite ingredients in it and it has the most incredible flavor. I hope you enjoy this soup as much as I do! I always keep the noodles separate when I am making soup so they never get soggy!
- 3 tablespoons of canola oil
- 3 fresh bay leaves
- 4 fresh thyme leaves
- 3 fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 large white onion chopped
- 4 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 24 oz can of diced tomatoes
- 2 cans of northern beans
- 1 can of small white beans
- 2 vegetable bullion cubes
- 3 32 oz boxes of organic veggie broth (you can also use Chicken broth)
- 1 box of your preferred noodles
- 1 bunch of kale, rinsed and cut into small pieces
- 1 bunch of collard greens, rinsed and cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon of dried basil
- 1/2 tablespoon of oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Start by grabbing a large soup pot! Put in the canola oil, bay leaves, thyme and rosemary. Cook over medium to low heat for about 5 minutes to let the flavors infuse into the oil.
- Add the onion and stir frequently for about 10 minutes until they have softened, add the garlic and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Pour in the rinsed beans, tomatoes, broth, collard greens, and kale. Add the oregano, basil and salt and pepper.
- Put the lid on and let cook for about 45 minutes to an hour stirring occasionally. Feel free to add more herbs, salt and pepper to get the desired flavor!
- In the meantime cook your desired noodles according to the directions on the package. Shock with cold water once they are done and set aside.
- Once the soup is finished pour into a bowl and add the noodles!
One thought on “Beans and Greens Soup”
Just made this last nite. Delicious!