Hey friends! It has been some quite some time since my last blog and for some reason or another I have been inspired to start back up! So this is a go to meal for my man and I- we make it about once a week, mainly because it is so cheap, healthy and easy!
- 2 cans of organic lentils
- 1 bag of frozen peppers and onions
- 2 tablespoons of olive/canola oil
- 2 tablespoons of veggie paste
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Put olive/canola oil in a skillet over medium heat and add frozen veggies, stir frequently.
- Once veggies have started to thaw add veggie paste and stir around so that it “melts.”
- Add the lentils and stir.
- Add the cumin, garlic powder, cayenne pepper and salt and pepper.
- Stir well and let simmer over low heat for about 5-10 minutes to let the flavors combine!
Side note: As far as spices go, I have never been one to actually measure out spices, make sure to continuously taste your food as you go.
Rule of thumb: You can always add more but you can’t take back!