- 2 cups of chopped onion
- 1.5 cups chopped red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup fresh salsa
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 16 oz can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups of Mexican blend cheese
- 1 package of Goya Mexican rice
- Roughly 20 tortilla chips crushed up
- Salsa verde (drizzle on)
- Sour cream
1) Cook rice according to directions on package
2) Combine onion, garlic, salsa, cumin and black beans in a large skillet or wok and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Cook stirring frequently for 5 minutes
3) In a 9×13 baking dish layer the rice first, then add the mixture from the skillet, then add a layer of crushed chips, cheese, and salsa verde.
4) Bake at 425 degrees for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let cool and serve with sour cream and salsa verde!